Archive for the ‘Video Blogs’ Category
In this video, I review the Dr L Riesling 2011 produced by the Loosen winery in the Mosel in Germany.
If you want to try an off-dry German Riesling that is fresh, lively, affordable and widely available, this is the Riesling for you. You can find the Dr L Riesling in many of our supermarkets in the UK and it is usually priced around the £7 to £8 mark.
At only 8.5% abv, it would make for a lovely aperitif on a warm summer’s day, or alternatively a great match for a fatty meat like pork belly or a meaty seafood dish like scallops and bacon or lobster ravioli.
Thanks to Richard @richard_R2K for the camera work
Video review for Winedirect.co.uk – Wines from Weingut Thanisch
After having recently spent an immensely enjoyable month working in the vineyards of Germany, I was delighted when Winedirect.co.uk asked me to review a couple of stunning Rieslings and a Dornfelder from Weingut Thanisch in the Mosel region of Germany. The following wines were reviewed in this video:
- Weingut Ludwig Thanisch - Alte Reben R 2010
- Weingut Ludwig Thanisch - Brauneberger Juffer Riesling Auslese 2010
- Weingut Ludwig Thanisch - Dornfelder 2010
The wine featured in this video blog is the Jordan Riesling 2009 produced by the Jordan Winery in Stellenbosch, South Africa.
What better way to get in mood for Summer of Riesling (which is currently happening in Australia right now) than by tasting these 2 Australian Rieslings produced by Pewsey Vale from the Eden Valley. The following wines were featured in this video blog:
- Pewsey Vale Eden Valley Riesling 2010
- Pewsey Vale The Contours Museum Riesling 2005
I have long been a fan of the Mosel region in Germany which produce some of the finest Rieslings in the world. The following wines, which were produced by Weingut Dr Hermann in the Mosel, were featured in this video blog:
- Dr Hermann Ürziger Würzgarten Kabinett Riesling 2010
- Dr Hermann Ürziger Würzgarten Spätlese Riesling 2010
- Dr Hermann Ürziger Würzgarten Trockenbeerenauslese Riesling 2010